Scroll to view my editorial services
I have 8+ years experience in technical editing and completed a rigorous program to obtain a Certificate in Editing from the University of Washington in 2021. Here are my services:
Business Content Editing
- Copy edit and proofread website content
- Can also generate unique and SEO-optimized website content
- Edit or create social media content that matches company brand and maximizes interaction and page views
Work example → Copy edited 1,100-word SEO blog post for a small tile business that improved their ranking in Google search results and resulted in 3x as many unique contacts from clients who discovered the business on Google
- Brainstorm and edit materials for new or flourishing small businesses to expand their outreach and gain new clients
- Copy edit and proofread marketing plans, executive summaries, resumes, etc. for small businesses applying for loan applications or other financial sponsorship
Work example → Proofread 1,200-word executive summary for Seattle coffee shop start-up successfully used in their search for financial sponsors
- Create new and/or copy edit complex legal documents that meet stringent legal standards
- Proofread convoluted legal documents for simpler comprehension while abiding by all lawful criteria
Work example → Generated multi-document I-140 visa applications for a U.S. law firm
My newest professional venture, but that doesn’t mean I’m any less skilled; my Certificate in Editing backs up my aptitude for manuscript-length editing. I work with indie authors and writers interested in self-publishing.
- Review book-length manuscripts, short drafts, or sections on a line-by-line and paragraph-by-paragraph basis to evaluate word choice, sentence structure variation, and reading flow
- Done after the initial drafting phase, when the author has moved on to finessing the manuscript
- Review manuscript drafts or sections for the logical organization of ideas and compare the final written material to the content outline developed by the author in the planning phase
- Performed during the first-draft phase, before the author moves on to more substantive revisions
I charge hourly rates, which simplifies billing for myself and my clients. Just like every writer is unique, every project involves a different level of work; therefore, I set rates for each project that are fair for myself and the client.
I request a minimum 25% deposit upon project confirmation. I accept PayPal and check payments.
Calculating Project Rates
- In most circumstances I will request a sample of the document so that I can calculate an accurate and fair time estimate
- Criteria I consider:
- Type of document, word length, and formatting/visual elements
- Level of edits needed ( heavy, medium, or light)
Request an Editorial Proposal
Ready to work together? Send me a message about your project (and budget, if you’ve got one) and I’ll get back to you with a cost and time estimate.